We’re past Christmas, but we’re going to keep that cheer going for a little while. This heart-warming mince pie recipe from our friends at NicoCaara will last until a very merry Christmas greets us once again.
You will need:
20gm icing sugar
20gm almond powder
10gm almond flakes
10gm dry petha
20gm black currant
20gm candied red cherry
20gm candied green cherry
15gm candied orange peel
15gm candied lemon peel
15gm candied ginger peel
2gm ginger powder
2gm clove powder
2gm cinnamon powder
1gm cardamom powder
1gm star anise powder
20ml dark rum
20gm apricot jam
30gm vanilla cake or sponge cake
- Mix all the dry fruits and spices with rum, and leave it to marinate overnight at room temperature.
- Make a shortcrust pastry by mixing flour, cold butter and icing sugar in a food processor.
- Add a little cold water till the dough is firm, then cover the pastry and chill it for 30 minutes in the chiller.
- Roll out the pastry into a thickness of 1mm and line two tart moulds with it.
- Mix vanilla cake crumbs, apricot jam and the dry fruit mix, and blend it all until coarse.
- Fill this mixture in the pastry tart shell, then cover the shell with leftover pastry cut into star shapes using a cutter.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
- Serve with brandy butter or crème anglaise and fresh berry.
Sample this dish and many others at NicoCaara, our cafe at our flagship store at The Chanakya in Delhi.