Much like the menu at NicoCaara, CAARA appetizers are full of complex flavours and wholesome, healthy ingredients. You’re unlikely, for instance, to find paneer tikka (as much as we love a bit of tikka) at a CAARA gathering. You are far more likely to find simple, fresh sushi, a rich arancini, or a moreish summer salad with local inflection.
CAARA knows how to bring modern, global dishes to the capital, and they shared a super-simple recipe with us that’s a doddle to whip up before your next soirée.
CAARA Crostini with feta and berry compote (10 pieces)
- Drizzle sourdough bread with olive oil.
- Cut with a small round or square cookie cutter, and toast in the oven at 180 degrees celsius for 5 minutes, or till golden brown.
- For the berry compote, mix together berries, sugar, cinnamon and leave aside for 30 minutes.
- Cook on medium flame for 5-8 minutes.
- Fill a piping bag with feta, and put one small dollop in the centre of each crostini.
- Drizzle berry compote on top and garnish with micro cress, mint or basil leaf.
- Voila, you’re done.